Rainbow Wax Burner
This beautiful ceramic burner has vibrant rainbow stripes and can be used with both fragrance oils and wax melts to fragrance the home. It has an impressive size of H10.5cm X W10cm X D10cm and a large glazed bowl for easy cleaning.
ALL of the burners that we sell on this website are suitable for use with wax melts. Some are suitable for oil too. In fact, the only restriction is actually in reverse – ie. there are some burners (electric burners) which are suitable for use only with wax melts, and NOT with oils. But, all of our burners should be perfectly safe to use with wax melts.
The burners that we sell vary in size, and the size and depth of the bowls therefore also vary in size.
When filling a bowl with oil, it is clear to see when enough oil has been added, and therefore it is easy to see when to stop adding more liquid, so that the bowl/dish does not overflow. Wax melts however, are not in a liquid state when added to the bowl, and they also vary in shape, size and volume. Some manufacturers therefore steer clear of recommending use with wax melts because, only once the wax has melted can you see if you’ve added too much.
If the bowl/dish is small (as with some of the burners we sell), then a medium or large wax melt, once melted, may overfill the bowl with wax, and cause the wax to overspill. Overfilling your burner with wax is dangerous, and is a serious safety concern! Overflowing wax can cause fire! However, to the best of our knowledge, there is no reason why any burner cannot be used with wax melts, so long as the wax is added gradually, and with care.
By adding small chunks of wax gradually, and by monitoring the fill level in the bowl once each piece has melted, you will be able to avoid any overspills.
Please also note:
It is essential that an appropriate size tealight is used when operating any of our burners (particularly smaller ones). A larger tealight in a small burner can mean that the naked flame is too close to the bottom of the bowl / dish, and this must be avoided, as it could potentially cause the bowl or dish to overheat and crack. Provided that small tealights with short trimmed wicks are used in small burners, there is no safety issue that we are aware of concerning overheating.
However, please find below some further general advice.
It is important to note that we consider the following points to denote ‘proper and appropriate usage’:
- Ensure that whilst heat is being applied from below, there is sufficient oil or wax in the glass dish at ALL times. Heating the bowl from below whilst there is no oil/wax in it could cause the bowl or dish to crack, as there is nothing absorbing the heat.
- Ensure that you use a good quality tealight. Poorer quality tealights with high soot content can impair the heat exchange of your burner.
- Ensure that the wick on the tealight is kept trimmed and that the flame does not come into direct contact with the bottom of the bowl or dish.
- Similarly to the point above, you MUST always use an appropriate size tealight for the size of the burner. For example, a small tealight in a large burner may not sufficiently melt the wax. More importantly however, a larger tealight in a small burner can mean that the naked flame is too close to the bottom of the bowl / dish, and this (as stated above) must be avoided, as it can cause the bowl or dish to crack.
- Never move the oil burner whilst the tealight is lit, or while the wax / oil is hot.
- Always place your burner on a heatproof and fireproof surface.
- Never use sharp or metallic objects (such as knives) to remove used wax. This could scratch or damage the bowl, and potentially weaken it’s structure, risking breakage when next used. We recommend applying a small amount of heat to loosen any solidified wax, and then popping the wax block out of the bowl using gentle pressure and a soft cloth or tissue.
For more information please see our Info & Care section of the website
All Lowe & Co products including these Soy Wax Pods Melts are hand crafted and individually produced and are free from any form of animal testing. All of our products are Vegan Friendly.
DID YOU KNOW?
You can also find us on ETSY – LoweandCoCandles